This Week's Sales:
Alex Wang Hits Gilt And More
November 2, 2009
Expect a bandwidth bottleneck today at noon when Alexander Wang makes his first appearance on Gilt Groupe.
With Rue La La getting a new backer and DailyCandy about to leverage its vast email list, the online sample sale business is getting extra competitive, and Gilt, still the leader, couldn't hope to do better than to snag everyone's favorite young designer at a hefty discount. Selections will include, among others, the looks pictured above (click on them to enlarge). if you need an invitation, be sure to click HERE well before noon to be ready on the draw. Other attractions on Gilt's various sites this week include Jonathan Adler, Carlos Falchi, Vivienne Tam, Loree Rodkin Jewelry, Malo, Calvin Klein Collection, Corpus, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Laundry and BCBG. As for sales that you can actually walk into in person, there is no end to them this week.
• J.CREW will be featured once again at Clothingline in the garment district, this time with an emphasis a full size range of shoes for men and women.
Tuesday, November 3rd - Thursday the 5th: 10 AM - 7 PM
261 West 36th Street, between 7th & 8th Avenues, 2nd Floor
• ADRIENNE LANDAU's furs, including mink, fox & racoon, accessories and home furnishings will be reduced up to 70% off. Shoppers are asked to leave strollers and the kids who sit in them at home.
Tuesday, November 3rd - Thursday the 5th: 10 AM - 6 PM
519 8th Avenue between 35th & 36th Streets, 21st floor
• ALBERTA FERRETTI ,JEAN PAUL GAULTIER, MOSCHINO & POLLINI will be featured as usual at AEFFE's highly anticipated seasonal sale. Samples and stock will be marked 70% to 80% off retail.
Wednesday, November 4th - Friday the 6th: 10 AM - 6 PM, Saturday the 7th: 11 AM - 5 PM
30 West 56th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues
• SFERRA's luxurious linens will be featured through the weekend at Chelsea Market's current sample sale spot.
Wednesday November 4th - Sunday the 8th: 10:30 AM - 7 PM
Chelsea Market, 75 9th Ave at 15th street
• VALENTINO's women's and men's collections will be featured at Soiffer-Haskin's midtown facility including clothing, shoes, handbags and accessories. No strollers or children under 12.
Thursday, November 5th - Saturday the 7th: 9 AM - 6:30 PM, Sunday the 8th: 9 AM - 5 PM
Soiffer Haskin, 317 West 33rd Street, just west of 8th Avenue